GETTING STARTED GUIDE
Getting Started Guide
WELCOME TO THE TRIBE! Below are some steps to help you get the most from our free online support community. The more you put into the community, the more you will get out. For more detailed infomation on how to use the site see our faq's.
Getting Started Guide
Step 1: Complete your profile information
Be sure to fill out your profile settings with as much information as you are willing to share. By letting others know about you - your interests, likes, dislikes, music, background, etc., you will be more likely to make friends and meet people with common interests. Also, don't forget to upload an image for your profile picture.
Step 2: Design your profile page
Design your page to match your style and give other members a feel for your personality. Create as many design themes as you want and switch them to match your mood that day. You may even find the creative process to be therapeutic. For more advanced features such as adding video or music playlists check out our media section.
Step 3: Meet Other Members
Once you have completed the steps above you will find other members to be more receptive to you and your activities on the tribe.
- Write a blog - A blog is an online journal expressing your feelings, beliefs, experiences, etc. Many believe writing can be therapeutic. Writing blogs is a good way to reach out to others and let them know a little about you.
- Post a forum topic - A forum topic can be about anything, but is generally a question or comment in which you are looking for feedback from other members.
- Leave comments - If you read a blog or forum post that you enjoyed or have some advice for a member, be sure to leave them a comment. Or, if you see a profile page or photo that catches your attention, leave a comment. Everyone enjoys getting comments and it's a great way to start up a conversation.
- Browse members - Search for members that live near you, have the same interests, or challenges. View their profile pages and learn more about them. If they interest you send a friends request, leave a comment, tribe vibe, or message.
- Join a group - There are groups you can join based on your interests, your location, your activities, and much, much more. Join in the group conversation and you're sure to find other members like you.
Step 4: Keep in touch
Reply to comments - If a member leaves a comment on your profile page and you want to reply, simply click on their profile picture. This will take you to their profile page where you can leave a comment in their guestbook.
Tribe IM - An excellent way to reach out to members on your friends list is with Tribe IM. If a tribe friend is signed in to IM they will show up in your status bar at the bottom of the page.
Notifications - When a comment, message, tribe vibe, friends request, forum reply, etc. is sent to another member, they will recieve an email notification. Your notification alerts can be found on your status bar at the bottom of the page in the form of a number. This way you can browse the site and be alerted the moment you have a message.
Privacy settings - Our privacy features allow you to select who views your information. But, remember to be smart about what you share - don't share personal details like your address, phone number, social security number, or credit card numbers with someone you don't know.
For more infomation see our faq's (frequently asked questions).